Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Does Rosetta Stone come in Dinka?

Me: (in English) Can you help me practice my numbers?
Rafael: (in English) Numbers?
Me: (in English) Yes. (in Dinka) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…
Rafael: (in Dinka) Oh! 6, 7, …
Me: (in Dinka) 8, 9, 10, 11, 12…(in English) I don’t know any more.
Rafael: (in Dinka) 13, 14, 15, 16…
Me: (in English) Can you say them more slowly?
Rafael: (in Dinka) Hmm? 17, 18, 19, …
Me: (in English) No, more slowly. Slooooowwwwer. What was 13 again?
Rafael: (in Dinka) 13.
Me: (in Dinka) 13?
Rafael: (in Dinka) 13.
Me: (in English) Okay, good. Now, how do you say “How old are you?”
Rafael: Hmm? (confused expression)
Me: (in English) How old are you? What is your age? How many years do you have?
Rafael: (in English) I’m 32.
Me: (in English) No! I mean, I want to say, in Dinka, “How old are you?”
Rafael: (in Dinka) I’m 32.
Me: (in English) I mean, I want to ask the question, in Dinka.
Rafael: (in English) In Dinka, I would say…(in Dinka) I am 32 years old.
Me: (in English) No! The question!!! How old are you?
Rafael: (in Dinka) How old are you?
Me: (in Dinka) How old are you? (directed towards Rafael) How old are you?
Rafael: (in Dinka) How old are you?
Me: (in English) No, I’m asking you. (in Dinka) How old are you?
Rafael: (in English) I am 32.

Does Rosetta Stone come in Dinka? Anyone? Please?!

1 comment:

  1. What a sensational blog! This blog is too much amazing in all aspects. Especially, it looks awesome and the content available on it is utmost qualitative. Rosetta Stone 英語

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...